WINTER FLU VACCINATION SERVICE
Seasonal influenza or the Flu can infect people from all walks of life and of all ages. Certain individuals could be at greater risk of severe disease or complications when infected. We at Welfare Pharmacy are here to keep you and your loved ones healthy through the cold winter months, therefore the flu vaccination is available for you.
The best way to help protect yourself and others from catching and spreading flu is to have the flu jab every year. Flu strains can change from year to year, which means last year’s jab may not protect you from this year’s strains. Over time, protection from the flu jab gradually decreases, so this is another reason to keep up to date and get your flu jab every year.
No vaccine is 100% effective but being vaccinated helps protect you against the strains of flu virus contained in the vaccination. This includes swine flu. After your jab, it usually takes around 14-21 days to be protected against flu.
No appointments necessary, just head to one of our pharmacies.
Free NHS Flu Jab Service
You are 18 years old or over, who following professional consultation with a pharmacy team member, falls under categories identified as at higher clinical risk of flu infection. These include people who:
- Are aged 50 or over (including those who turn 50 by 31st March 2022)
- Are pregnant
- Are a health or social care worker working in a residential or a nursing home, a hospice or with a home care provider
- Are a resident of a nursing or residential home
- Share a household with someone who has an impaired immune system
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or more
- Care for someone whose wellbeing may be at risk if you fall ill.
- Workers employed through Direct Payments and/or Personal Health Budgets to deliver domiciliary care
Have a long term medical condition such as:
- Diabetes (Type 1 & 2)
- Lung disease, including asthma and COPD
- Heart, kidney or liver conditions
- Lowered immunity due to disease (such as HIV) or treatment (for example steroid medication or cancer treatment) or you have had your spleen removed
- Long-term neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease or multiple sclerosis
- A learning disability
*Subject to availability. NHS eligibility criteria apply
Private Flu Jab Service
If you aren’t eligible for the free NHS flu jab, worry not, our private Flu Jab Service is available for customers aged 16 and over in all Welfare Pharmacies. It is a simple and convenient way to help protect against flu.
Worry not, for just £10.00, private Flu vaccinations are also available for adults and teenagers over 16 years old who do not fall under categories above.
Our Private Flu Jab Service costs £10.
*Subject to availability.